Summer is a great time to build up and cultivate healthy spiritual and physical habits! Take advantage of the summer by:
- Plug in a local church and stay connected with Kent Chi Alpha. Find a church that’s close to where you’ll be staying for the summer. To find an Assemblies of God (our parent fellowship) church near you search here. Most churches have a young adults group or midweek Bible study that is a great complement to Sunday morning services. KXA will have hangouts over the summer as well. Check the Facebook group chat, social media or the google calendar found on this website!
- Get immersed in the word. Download the Bible app on your phone! The Bible app has many translations, devotionals, and is audible too! Another way to get scripture in is to watch videos from the Bible Project! Check them out here.
- Seek freedom.
- Sexual Impurity/ Lust/ Pornography: Great tools and resources for healing from sexual temptation and addiction/pornography addiction/ use are XXXChurch (find out more about them here) and Covenant Eyes has successfully produced accountability software. Find out more about Covenant Eyes here.
- Insomnia: The Abide app is a great tool to find rest. The app features peaceful readings and meditations from scripture to help you relax, fall asleep, and stay asleep. Download the Abide app in your app store.
- Finances: Summer is a great time to get excessive spending habits under control or just create a healthy financial budget to live by. Check out Dave Ramsey and his material here. Also, you can take a 7 week financial course that covers his material. Find out if there is one near you here.